Cedarvalley Senior Housing Project
In October 2019, an application was submitted for the Cedarvalley Senior Housing Project to construct a new senior housing (assisted living and memory care) development. The 1.3 acre site is located at 31200 Cedarvalley Drive along the southwest corner of Cedarvalley Drive and Via Rocas. The site is currently in the Mixed Use Cedarvalley zone as part of the North Business Park Specific Plan.
The proposed project consists of developing a new three-story, State licensed, residential care facility for the elderly. The project will consist of 128 units, 102 will be assisted living units, and the remaining 26 shall be memory care units. 15 of the units are proposed to be deed restricted as affordable in the ‘Moderate and Low Income Limit’ category for the Los Angeles Metro area in perpetuity; 9 will be restricted to moderate income and 6 to low income categories.
Discretionary Approvals being requested
- General Plan Amendment
- Specific Plan Amendment
- Planned Development Permit
- Development Agreement
- FINAL Plan Set For City Council Hearing - March 2021
- FINAL Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Notice of Public Hearing
- Council Meeting Agenda With: Staff Report & All Attachments
Prior Public Meetings
The following public meetings have been held for the project:
- City Council Meeting - Public Hearing - During the March 24, 2021 Regular Meeting of the City Council, the City Council adopted the necessary entitlements and environmental documentation approving this project.
- City Council Study Session - During the July 24, 2019 City Council Study Session, the City Council received a presentation from the project applicant as part of a concept review to solicit feedback on the proposed project prior to application submittal. No formal decision was rendered during this meeting.
- City Council Land Use Committee Meeting - During the October 2, 2019 meeting of the City Council’s Land Use Committee, a discussion took place to review the applicant’s proposed project. No decision was rendered during this meeting.
- City Council Meeting - During the October 19, 2019 regular City Council meeting, the City Council considered and awarded a contract to CivicSolutions Inc. to prepare the necessary California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) review.
- City Council Study Session - During the November 10, 2020 City Council Study Session, the City Council received a presentation from the project applicant as part of a discussion of a proposed zoning overlay that could be applied for by the applicant. No formal decision was rendered during this meeting.
The City of Westlake Village and the consultant team have completed the draft necessary environmental documentation per the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). An Initial Study and Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration were prepared and public comment was accepted from December 16, 2020 to January 15, 2021.
- Final Mitigated Negative Declaration for Adoption
- Notice of Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Initial Study & Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration
For information related to this project, please contact Deputy City Manager & Acting Planning Director Philippe Eskandar by telephone at (818) 706-1316 or via email at: Philippe@wlv.org