Frequently Asked Questions about the California Gubernatorial Recall Election.
Registered voters can expect to receive their Vote by Mail ballots starting Monday, August 16.
BEGINNING AUGUST 16, 2021 (VOTE BY MAIL OR DROP IN BALLOT BOX)
Voters may either mail in their ballots or drop off their completed ballot at a secure ballot box drop. The Vote by Mail (VBM) box at the Westlake Village Library (31220 Oak Crest Drive, Westlake Village) will be open August 16 through September 14 and will be locked at 8pm on Election Day. Ballots will be retrieved from the VBM box by the County on a daily basis. To located a VBM near you: VBM Drop Box Locator Tool.
Voters may vote in-person at a Vote Center. A postcard listing the Vote Center nearest you will be mailed out towards the end of August. Check your ballot for information regarding Vote Center locations for in-person voting.
VOTING SOLUTIONS FOR ALL PEOPLE (VSAP)
Los Angeles County has transitioned from polling places to vote centers. Innovative changes give all voters regardless of age, background, disability or language a private and independent voting experience that is easy and convenient. The Voting Solutions for All People (VSAP) is a new voting experience designed to be intuitive and accessible for all voters. For more information go to the County's website LA County Election information.
DROP BOX LOCATIONS:
Westlake Village Library (pictured above)
31220 West Oak Crest Drive, Westlake Village CA 91361
Hours: 24 - Hour
Agoura Hills Civic Center
29901 Ladyface Court, Agoura Hills CA 91301
Hours: 24 - Hour
There will be over 400 secure Drop Boxes throughout the County to safely return your voted ballot in this election.
To register to vote in California you must be:
- A United States citizen,
- A resident of California,
- 18 years of age or older on Election Day,
- Not currently imprisoned or on parole for the conviction of a felony (for more information on the rights of people who have been incarcerated, please see the Secretary of State’s Voting Rights for Californians with Criminal Convictions or Detained in Jail or Prison), and
- Not currently found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law
To register today - click on the following link www.lavote.net.
GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTIONTUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2020
The City of Westlake Village is contracted with the County of Los Angeles for consolidated elections. For election and voter information, please visit the links below:
Vote Center & Sample Ballot Lookup (Enter your last name, birthdate, house number, and zip code)
Find Your Election Information (Voter Registration Status, Vote Centers, Sample Ballot)
For Further Info - Contact the County Elections Division
ELECTION RESOLUTIONS AND NOTICES:
- Resolution No. 2112-20 - Calling for the holding of a General Municipal Election to be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
- Resolution No. 2113-20 - Requesting the Board of Supervisors to Consolidate with Statewide General Election
- Resolution No. 275-87 - Candidates Statement
- Notice of Election
- Notice of Insufficient Nominees
- City Clerk's Certification
- Resolution No. 2139-20 - Making Appointments to two City Council offices
Click on the links below for quick access to the following websites: