One of the victims of the Borderline Bar & Grill shooting on Wednesday, November 8th was Ventura County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Ron Helus. A memorial service for Sgt. Helus will be held at Calvary Community Church on Thursday, November 15th, followed by interment at Valley Oaks Memorial Park. In addition to family and friends, this event is expected to be attended by many representatives of law enforcement agencies. To accommodate the large crowd and the funeral procession, the following street closures will occur:
- Via Rocas will be closed south of Cedar valley from 7:00 AM to approximately 3:00 PM.
- La Tienda will be closed east of Calvary/Oaks Christian Gate E (the westerly high school driveway) during the same period.
- Traffic will be stopped on Via Colinas and Lindero to permit passage of the procession at approximately 1:15 PM. Expect delays up to an hour.
- The Russel Ranch Road westbound lanes will be closed from the In N Out driveway to Lindero from approximately 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- The northerly intersection of Lindero-Russell Ranch Road will also be affected, as traffic is stopped to allow funeral traffic to leave the area following the graveside service.
It is emphasized that this is expected to be a very large event that will unavoidably cause significant congestion, especially during the funeral procession. It is recommended that this area be completely avoided if possible.