Cedar Valley Senior Housing Project
In March 2021, the City Council approved the Cedar Valley Senior Housing Project, an assisted living and memory care development to be located at 31200 Cedar Valley Drive. The State licensed residential care facility will consist of 128 units, including 102 assisted living units and 26 memory care units. Fifteen of the units will be deed restricted as affordable units for low income households (six units) and moderate income households (nine units).
- FINAL Plan Set For City Council Hearing - March 2021
- FINAL Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Notice of Public Hearing
- Council Meeting Agenda With: Staff Report & All Attachments
The following public meetings were held for the project:
- City Council Meeting - Public Hearing - During the March 24, 2021 Regular Meeting of the City Council, the City Council adopted the necessary entitlements and environmental documentation approving this project.
- City Council Study Session - During the July 24, 2019 City Council Study Session, the City Council received a presentation from the project applicant as part of a concept review to solicit feedback on the proposed project prior to application submittal. No formal decision was rendered during this meeting.
- City Council Land Use Committee Meeting - During the October 2, 2019 meeting of the City Council’s Land Use Committee, a discussion took place to review the applicant’s proposed project. No decision was rendered during this meeting.
- City Council Meeting - During the October 19, 2019 regular City Council meeting, the City Council considered and awarded a contract to CivicSolutions Inc. to prepare the necessary California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) review.
- City Council Study Session - During the November 10, 2020 City Council Study Session, the City Council received a presentation from the project applicant as part of a discussion of a proposed zoning overlay that could be applied for by the applicant. No formal decision was rendered during this meeting.
The City of Westlake Village and the consultant team have completed the draft necessary environmental documentation per the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). An Initial Study and Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration were prepared and public comment was accepted from December 16, 2020 to January 15, 2021.