IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING STAFFING
As a result of the unexpected departure of multiple staff within the Planning Department the public will experience some inconvenience for a short period of time. The City has an interim Senior Planner working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to respond to planning inquiries and requests. The City is actively recruiting for the vacant positions, and we ask that the community bear with us as we work through this process. While we anticipate there may be some additional time required for the processing and approval of various Planning Department applications, the City will take necessary steps to help mitigate potential impacts on residents and businesses as much as possible. Should you have any questions or concerns during this process, please do not hesitate to contact City Hall at (818) 706-1613. We thank you in advance for your patience and partnership as we build a stronger Westlake Village together.
NORTH BUSINESS PARK SPECIFIC PLAN
The Planning Department's primary function is to administer the City's General Plan, and ensuring compliance with the City’s Municipal Code, and reviews development requests for conformance with the City's planning policies and standards, and conducts environmental review under the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and other applicable state and federal laws.
The Planning Department serves the community with issues related to land development, housing, construction, code enforcement, as well as solid waste and recycling programs. The Planning Department performs current and long range planning, enforces zoning and land use regulations, reviews site and development plans, provides technical support to other City departments, including the City Council and its committees and implements activities relating to the enhancement of the quality of life for the City’s residents.
The Planning Department is responsible for carrying out the long range and day to day planning functions, including:
- Preparing and maintaining the Westlake Village General Plan;
- Administering, maintaining and enforcing the City's Zoning Ordinance;
- Counseling community residents and project proponents regarding applicable development standards and procedures;
- Reviewing and presenting major development projects for City Council review and disposition;
- Coordinating the activities of contract agencies, including building and safety, fire, and public works relative to development activities;
- Overseeing the City’s solid waste reduction and recycling programs.