November 6, 2018 General Municipal Election
November 3, 2015 General Municipal Election
November 5, 2013 General Municipal Election
November 8, 2011 General Municipal Election
November 3, 2009 General Municipal Election
November 6, 2007 General Municipal Election
NOVEMBER 6, 2018
GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION
The City of Westlake Village is contracted with the County of Los Angeles for consolidated elections. For election and voter information, please visit the links below:
Polling Place & Sample Ballot Lookup (Enter your last name, birthdate, house number, and zipcode)
Find Your Election Information (Voter Registration Status, Polling Place, Sample Ballot)
For Further Info - Contact the County Elections Division
To register to vote in California you must be:
- A United States citizen,
- A resident of California,
- 18 years of age or older on Election Day,
- Not currently imprisoned or on parole for the conviction of a felony (for more information on the rights of people who have been incarcerated, please see the Secretary of State's Voting Rights for Californians with Criminal Convictions or Detained in Jail or Prison), and
- Not currently found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law
To register today - click on the following link www.lavote.net.
ELECTION RESOLUTIONS AND NOTICES:
- Notice of Nominees
- Notice of Election
- Resolution No. 275-87: Adopting Regulations for Candidates for Elective Office
- Resolution No. 1967-18: Calling for the Holding of a General Municipal Election - November 6, 2018
- Resolution No. 1968-18: Requesting the Board of Supervisors consolidate the Election with the Statewide General Election
Nomination papers may be obtained from the City Clerk by appointment during normal business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Nomination papers will be issued from July 16, 2018 through August 10, 2018. The last day for a candidate to withdraw nomination papers is August 10, 2018. However, if an incumbent does not file in this period (between July 16, 2018 and August 10, 2018), the filing period is extended to 5:00 p.m., August 15, 2018. Call City Clerk Beth Schott to schedule your appointment.
To hold any elective office within the City of Westlake Village, a person must be a United States citizen, 18 years or older, and must be a registered voter of the City of Westlake Village on the day you request nomination papers. Prior to issuing nomination papers, the registration of all prospective candidates will be verified with the Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters.
The City Clerk will not issue nomination papers if you are not a registered voter.
Click on the links below for quick access to the following websites: